domingo, 19 de abril de 2020

On climate change

Today, I would like to talk about the famous TED Talk 'School strike for climate' by Greta Thunberg.

As you may already know, the topic of this talk is that we are in an emergency to act against climate change. In fact, we have been in an emergency for many years, and it seems we have been just letting time pass by.

Greta Thunberg (2003)
I totally agree with Greta's ideas. In my case, I have never driven a car - I have no driving license - and I usually travel using public transport. I have always been living in such a simple way, without acquiring unnecessary behaviors. I would like to state here that I have always chosen this lifestyle just using my common sense. I find I don't deserve any special recognition for this, and I would like to continue living this way.

However, I find it necessary to warn the authorities that we are reaching a point of no return in many senses, and that's Greta's role in the case of climate change. It is also amazing and even worrying that a child is the one who is carrying that role, and this may be another symptom of our decadence.

It's better that you watch the talk.


I'm not sure, but maybe we in the Western World are on the treshold of a social-cultural revolution. I hope it will be a peaceful movement, and we will manage to avoid making the same mistakes we made in the past when we had to face times of change like this one. It's in our hands.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario